SANTA FE (KSMX)- During a press conference on Wednesday, April 22, Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham announced that her public health order keeping non-essential businesses closed will be extended to May 15.
The press conference was called by state officials to unveil a plan to reopen the economy which included several phases in which steps will be taken to ensure success and safety.
- Preparation Phase:
– All individuals are instructed to stay home
– Industry Councils will develop COVID safe practices (CSP)
– Define how businesses will protect employees and customers
- Phase One:
– Vulnerable individuals will be instructed to stay home
– Some non-essential businesses will be permitted to reopen in compliance with safety guides
– Certain businesses will remain closed
- Phase Two and Beyond:
– Additional businesses will be permitted to reopen in compliance with CSP.
– Larger gatherings and events still restricted for the foreseeable future
– Other changes will be announced at a later time
The council that will help the governor decide when and how to open in New Mexico will include business and health leaders from across the state including Brian Moore of Clayton Ranch Market, Brian O’Leary of NBC/Universal, Peter Trevisani of New Mexico United among others.