HIGHLIGHTS FROM DEPARTMENTS OF HEALTH’S LIVE STREAM
During the live press conference yesterday, hosted by The New Mexico Department of Health, Dr. Tracie Collins went into further detail on the distribution plan for Phases 1B, 1C, and 2 for the COVID-19 vaccine.
In Phase 1B of the vaccination effort: From now until the Spring
- Individuals 75 years of age and older
- Individuals 16 or older with underlying medical conditions that place them at greater risk from COVID-19
- Frontline essential workers who cannot work remotely
- Vulnerable populations (residents of congregate care settings)
Phase 1C: Projected around the Spring
- Adults 60 years or older
- Other essential workers unable to work remotely
Phase 2: Projected in the summer of 2021
- Everyone else in the general public ages 16 and older
New Mexicans are encouraged to register for vaccination at https://cvvaccine.nmhealth.org. NMDOH will notify registrants when vaccine is available.