PORTALES (KSEL) – The Food Bank of Eastern New Mexico will be partnering with Los Abuelitos de La Casa Senior Center to host a drive-through food distribution on Friday, April 3 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Los Abuelitos de La Casa Senior Center in Portales.
- Clients must be a resident of New Mexico.
- Clients must be present to complete an initial application to receive food.
- Clients will need to provide current proof of name and address in the form of a driver’s license, utility bill, lease agreement, etc.
- If clients currently receive SNAP (food stamps), WIC or the Commodity Supplemental Food
Program for seniors they are automatically qualified to receive food. Otherwise, clients must agree they meet the income eligibility requirements posted below based on their current income:
- Remain in your vehicle.
- Be prepared to open your vehicle’s trunk and have space in your trunk for food. If you have an empty basket or box for your food you can put that in the back of your trunk.
- Please be patient! Staff and volunteers will be working as quickly as possible to expedite the process.