FBI WILL HOLD A RECRUITING EVENT IN ALBUQUERQUE
ALBUQUERQUE (KSMX)- The Albuquerque FBI Division will hold a recruiting event next month to encourage members of underrepresented communities – especially women and minorities – to consider becoming Special Agents.
The Diversity Agent Recruiting (DAR) event will be held in Albuquerque on August 20, from 6 to 9 p.m. In particular, the FBI is looking for applicants who are fluent in a second language; have the ability to think critically; and come from a science/computer/technological background. Special Agent applicants must be between the ages of 23 – 36; hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree; have a minimum of two years of work experience (one year with a Master’s Degree); and be a U.S. citizen.
The FBI’s DAR event will allow potential applicants the opportunity to talk to Special Agents to learn more about job opportunities inside the Bureau. They will have the opportunity to hear about and ask questions related to:
* Life as a new agent (including training at the FBI Academy)
* Balancing a high-energy job with family
* Typical day in the life of an FBI Special Agent (hint: there isn’t one!)
* Working cases that make a difference in your community
* Opportunities to travel the world