227 new cases in were reported in New Mexico. Five new deaths announced related the COVID-19. To date, 928,389 total tests have been conducted statewide. Currently, there are 86 hospitalizations in the state.
Three new cases were reported for Curry County, which is a significant drop from the past few days. Roosevelt County reported four new cases.
Dr. Scrase noted that the spread rate currently in New Mexico is 1.27, which is above the target of 1.05. The 7-day rolling average also went up to 171, which is over the goal of 168.
The Southeast area of the state is showing the highest growth rate in the state.
Although Curry County has gone into the red zone, Public Education Secretary Ryan Stewart said that doesn’t mean schools will automatically close, but will stay in Hybrid mode, with cases being monitored.
As of Thursday, New Mexico has reported a total of 29,661 cases.
Statewide COVID-19 Case count includes:
- 53 new cases in Bernalillo County
- 40 new cases in Chaves County
- 5 new cases in Cibola County
- 3 new cases in Curry County
- 47 new cases in Doña Ana County
- 14 new cases in Eddy County
- 4 new cases in Grant County
- 16 new cases in Lea County
- 3 new cases in Lincoln County
- 1 new case in Luna County
- 4 new cases in McKinley County
- 1 new case in Otero County
- 1 new case in Rio Arriba County
- 4 new cases in Roosevelt County
- 6 new cases in Sandoval County
- 8 new cases in San Juan County
- 1 new case in San Miguel County
- 5 new cases in Santa Fe County
- 2 new cases in Socorro County
- 2 new cases in Taos County
- 1 new case in Torrance County
- 4 new cases in Valencia County
- 2 new cases among New Mexico Corrections Department inmates at the Lea County Correctional Facility