DISTRICT MIDDLE SCHOOLS MOVE TO COMMON SCHEDULE; LIVE DAILY ONLINE INSTRUCTION FOR EACH CLASS
Starting Thursday, October 22, the District’s three middle schools will implement a common class schedule and all classes will be going live. Classes will be conducted live online for at least 30 minutes of each period on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.
- Live Instruction: Students will log into their class and their teacher will present a 10-20 minute lesson.
- Live Support: When the lesson is concluded, students will have 10-20 minutes to work with their teacher for further support up to 40 minutes total, if needed. This will help ensure students are receiving the assistance they need and will allow teachers to monitor students while they work.
The change in schedule is designed to accomplish several things:
- Allows students to have a better connection and relationship with their teachers for the eventual transition to the Hybrid Learning Mode.
- Will increase student engagement among ALL Cohorts (A, B & C).
- New learning schedule will be the same among all three middle schools.
- Allows Cohort C to have a consistent, live virtual schedule along with their fellow students in Cohorts A & B.
Classes & Individual Schedules:
It is imperative students log in every day the same as if they were going to classes on campus according to their schedule in Skyward. For example, if your child has English during 1st period they will need to log into their Google Classroom Meet link at 8:25 AM with their teacher.
Wednesdays: Wednesday schedules will continue to be the same as they have been since the beginning of the school year. Students will complete their weekly Edmentum work in the morning and then log into their Social Emotional Lessons (SEL) at 12:30 PM. Their SEL class will continue to be the same teacher they‘ve had all year.
Attendance Will Be Taken In Each Class:
Teachers will take attendance for all students in Skyward, every class period, on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Please note, if a student does not log into every class at the allotted time they will be counted absent for that class period.
Live Online Class Structure:
- Teachers will take attendance at the start of class
- Teachers will then present the lesson
- Once the teacher has finished the lesson, they will assist students with questions, provide extra help, or assist with homework assignments.
Common Schedule for Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday:
1st 8:25 – 9:29
8:25 – 9:05 Online – Live Instruction & Support
9:05 – 9:29 Offline – Independent Work
2nd 9:32 – 10:32
9:32 – 10:12 Online – Live Instruction & Support
10:12 – 10:32 Offline – Independent Work
3rd 10:35 – 11:50
10:35 – 11:15 Online – Live Instruction & Support
11:15 – 11:50 Offline – Independent Work
11:50 – 12:29
4th 12:29 – 1:29
12:29 – 1:09 Online – Live Instruction & Support
1:09 – 1:29 Offline – Independent Work
5th 1:32 – 2:32
1:32 – 2:12 Online – Live Instruction & Support
2:12 – 2:32 Offline – Independent Work
6th 2:35 – 3:35
2:35 – 3:15 Online – Live Instruction & Support
3:15 – 3:35 Offline – Independent Work
- Edmentum needs to be completed in the morning on Wednesdays for English Language Arts (ELA) & Math
- 12:30 – 1:00 Live SEL Session