CLOVIS MUNICIPAL SCHOOLS JOINS PORTALES IN DECISION TO CONDUCT SCHOOL VIRTUALLY
Clovis Municipal Schools will shift to Remote Learning beginning Friday due to a strain on local healthcare resources stemming from an increase in communicable illnesses. Currently CMS is anticipating to return to regular in-person learning on Monday. In recent days, a marked increase in cases of flu, COVID and (RSV) has placed a strain on local healthcare resources, including hospital availability and access to care.
Additionally, our district is currently experiencing high absentee rates among staff and students, exacerbated by reduced substitute availability. In the attempt to reduce the spread of illnesses and maximizing available instruction resources, the district has decided to move to remote instruction for students, and remote work for staff beginning Friday.
While our facilities are vacant, deep cleaning will be conducted in an effort to reduce the spread of germs. During the Remote Learning period, some events, particularly those involving large audiences, may be rescheduled.
Parents and Guardians please take into account of the following:
– Teachers will use the remainder of today to prepare Google Classroom and ensure students take Chromebooks home.
– For those students without reliable home internet, packets will be sent home.
– Students will be expected to log in online at regular time on Remote Learning days, attendance will be taken.
– Attendance will be taken by logging into Google classroom.
– For students without internet who are provided packets, attendance is taken based upon completed packet upon return to school.
– Secondary students are expected to login for each class period.
– Staff will report remotely. Telephone availability will be limited, to reach staff on remote learning days, leave voice mail or email
Grab and Go meals will be provided on the days designated for Remote Learning, with breakfast and lunch distributed at the same time.
– Meals are being provided only for preschool – 12th grade students enrolled in Clovis Municipal Schools.
– Breakfast and lunch will be distributed between 9 a.m. – 12 noon on Friday at each school site.
– Distribution will take place outside the kitchen door of each site.