CLOVIS (KSMX)- Having gotten through the first, full week of Continuous Learning, the staff and students of Clovis Municipal Schools are beginning to adjust to the “new normal,” brought on by COVID-19.
According to a press release from the administration, staff continues to encourage students and the community to adhere to public health orders brought down from state government.
Some updates across the District:
- Home Internet Access: To-date, we still have approximately 60 families in need of Internet services and are working in partnership with Plateau Telecommunications to address those needs.
- Download & Go: The District and local governments have boosted WiFi signals at facilities around the community so students can drive onto the premises, download schoolwork and lessons, and take it home to be completed off-line.
- Please note: Privacy and filtering protections are only ensured on District issued Chromebooks and District WIFI networks. If a student uses a personal device to download content, or visits a non-district location, parents are encouraged to supervise and be aware that education approved safeguards are not guaranteed.
- Telephone Support: Starting Monday, April 20, school staff will be able to answer calls to the main phone number at each school. Hours of operation will be Monday – Friday, 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM (outside of normal business hours, leave a voice message). Families are encouraged to call their school staff to handle school-specific questions or issues, as they would’ve in the past.
- Clovis Schools Helpdesk: 575-769-4324, Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 6 PM for questions specifically regarding student issued Chromebooks.
- 2019 – 2020 Clovis High School Yearbook: In the coming days, we plan to announce further details on how our high school students can place online orders for the 2019 – 2020 yearbook.
- Library Books: Students may return their library books when we return to school in August and no overdue fines will be charged. “Please take care of your books while we are out. Enjoy them. Please don’t lose them.”