CELEBRATE NATIONAL TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK: MAY 3-7
As part of National Teacher Appreciation Week, the Clovis/Curry County Chamber Ambassadors and Clovis area businesses are gearing up to spread love to all educators in Curry County. With more than 1,528 educators across 38 facilities, recognizing each important individual is no small feat. However, Chamber Ambassadors are channeling their energy to wrap every school – from Head Start through Clovis Community College – in love by decorating their front entrances with paper hearts.
Then, on Wednesday, May 5 they will be delivering more than 6,000 cookies to the 38 campuses and will also be holding exciting prize drawings. During this special week, many local businesses will also be offering freebies and discounts to educators in effort to show their appreciation and thanks.
“Educators have played a critical role during this difficult time and they deserve to know how grateful we are,” explained Ernie Kos, Executive Director of the Clovis/Curry County Chamber of Commerce. “From navigating hybrid lesson environments to keeping classes engaged, and even providing emotional support and motivation for students … We can’t thank them enough for their hard work alongside parents to keep educating our children.”
HOW TO GET INVOLVED:
Beginning today, Monday May 3, Clovis Municipal Schools (CMS) will begin their Teacher Appreciation Week celebration. The Chamber encourages everyone in the community to say thanks by participating in their fun week of activities. The goal is to make all teachers and staff members are appreciated, so please consider honoring an extra staff member in addition to primary teachers (Music, PE, Library, Office, etc.) Let them know you appreciate them by emailing pictures and/or short video clips each day to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Monday, May 3 – Purple Ribbon Day – Tie a purple ribbon (or many ribbons) around your trees, car antennas, doors, etc. to show your appreciation to all of our educators in Clovis.
- Tuesday, May 4 – Chalk the Walk Day – Use sidewalk chalk to write a thank you note to a teacher. Take a picture of it and send it to them. If you don’t have chalk, find another creative and colorful way to design your special message! The possibilities are endless!
- Wednesday, May 5 – Kindness Day – Because educators are some of the kindest people in the world, participate in one random act of kindness today. Email the teacher what you did as your act of kindness in their honor.
- Thursday, May 6 – Creative Day – Be creative! Educators are always encouraging students to be creative. Do an activity that shows your teacher your creative abilities, and send them a picture!
- Friday, May 7 – School Pride Day – Show your love for your school and its wonderful teachers! Wear your school colors and t-shirts with pride.