Candidate filing announcement
CLOVIS (KSMX)- New Mexico law outlines certain requirements for candidates to have their name printed on a ballot based upon the candidate’s Voter Registration Information. Specifically, the candidate’s voter registration record, as of the date of the Secretary of State’s General Election Proclamation, must match the candidacy filing documents including:
- Residence in the district or county of the office for which the candidate is running.
- Residence is determined by the place shown on the certificate of voter registration as the candidate’s permanent address, provided that the candidate resides on the premises; and,
- The candidate’s name will appear on the ballot to match the voter registration record on file.
Candidates filing to be on the ballot in the upcoming municipal election being held on Tuesday, March 3, 2020, must make any of the above-required changes to their Voter Registration Information before Wednesday, December 4.
To view or update Voter Registration Information online, visit www.nmvote.org. Voters can update their registration information in the following ways:
- Visit the Curry County Clerk’s Office Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm;
- Request a voter registration application be mailed to you by calling, emailing, or sending a letter to the Clerk’s Office;
- Online through the NM Secretary of State’s Voter Portal: www.nmvote.org; Through other New Mexico County Clerk’s Offices;
- Through a Third-Party Voter Registration Agent;
- At the MVD, Human Services Dept, libraries, colleges, universities, and voter registration drives.